Sad to hear about Michael Cooper. Hope he gets well soon.
Like I can’t stop laughing it’s that ridiculously bad.
For crying out loud, Carol Ross was 48-20. And I don’t even think letting her go was that bad of a move.
But Penny Toler? Penny Toler!!!
And I thought Tulsa’s Nolan Richardson hire back in 2010 was bad.
But PENNY TOLER?
Let’s just break down this Sparks roster shall we?
In the starting lineup you have:
* Candace Parker: 2x MVP, former All-Star MVP, multiple all-star, franchise player
* Nneka Ogwumike: One of the best true power-forwards in the league, multiple all-star
* Kristi Toliver: One of the best three point shooters in the league, former all-star
* Armintie Herrington: One of the best perimeter defenders in the league
* Alana Beard: former all-star
Then you surround them with Jantel Lavender - a nice back-up post who continues to blossom, Sandrine Gruda - a stretch forward who plays with Parker in the offseason, Lindsay Harding - a former all-star and one of the best point guards in the league…
If Carol Ross and Coach G couldn’t get those players to compete, how do you expect Penny effing Toler to get the job done?
And oh, by the way, the Sparks’ glaring issue this season has been their defense and they kept their defensive coordinator Gary Kloppenburg, who we all know did such a fantastic job in Tulsa in the 2012 and 2013
Carol Ross was let go from the the LA Sparks today. Assistant coach Gail Goestenkors - who was just announced as a future HOF inductee today - has stepped down as well.
GM Penny Toler - who has never ever ever coached a game in her life - will take over on the bench.